Friday, May 13, 2016

Another Bad Day: Lessons to be Learned

Ooh, look at the cute kitten
Well, as some of you might be aware, I got myself into a spot of bother with one of my major clients the other day. Actually, I got *them* in trouble with one of *their* major clients, an international banking organisation.

What did I do?

I told a woman to go fuck herself!

After I had served documents on her in regards to her mortgage default.

And naturally she has complained.

Never mind that she was hurling a tirade of verbal abuse at me as I was at her property.  And as I was leaving.  I think she may have left that part out.

However, I acknowledged to my client that my behaviour was unprofessional and I should never had said anything to the woman at all. But the thing is no-one should be forced to put up with that sort of  behaviour from another. And if you are the sort of person who likes to spew invective towards others, perhaps you shouldn't get affronted when they give you a little back.

Still, I get it, I was representing their client and it apparently isn't a good look.

Mind you, in about 12 years of doing this, this is the first time - although I had admittedly come close before.

I guess I'll find out in a few days time whether there will be any further fallout from this. There is a possibility that the client might drop me although I would expect this shouldn't be the case.

And hopefully next time I'll just resort to overly-sarcastic retorts and the odd obscene hand gesture that I can completely deny having done, if questioned.       





1 comment:

  1. Couldn't you just deny saying it? Surely she wasn't recording this so it would be your word against hers.

    I did a similar thing in a contact centre job many years ago, after having a torrent of abuse spouted at me I told the gentleman to go fuck himself.

    The outrage that I could dare say that to him was so sweet it provided nourishment to me for weeks to come.

    Luckily this was in the days before contact centres had voice recording so there was fuck all he could do about it.

    ReplyDelete