Friday, October 08, 2010

Unreasonable friends

You know, sometimes when you try to do the right thing you still get shit for it.

Hardly seems fair.

Take my friend Manson (not his real name). I've been using his place over the past few weeks to crash or otherwise avail myself of the facilities when needed - thanks Manson - but today I was in a bit of a bind.

I'd just been helping out another friend with some moving and then had a meeting with some lawyers I hadn't done any work for previously, and was somewhat in need of a shower and change of clothes. As Manson was away at work and hadn't left the spare key out, I just did what any other Resourceful PI does in this situation...

I picked the lock.

It took all of about 10 seconds (I have to admit I'm feeling a bit proud of myself since I hadn't practiced in a while) and then I was in.

So I phoned Manson to let him know I didn't need to come over and pick up the key as I'd effected entry by other means. You think he'd be pleased, right? But no, he was a bit funny about the whole thing.

No pleasing some people!

3 comments:

  1. Manson here...

    What do you mean somewhat funny? I merely asked, "what kind of thief phones to say I'm in your house?" Obviously not a good one.

    I wouldn't mind so much if Chekov (name obscured) had cleaned up after himself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a thief.

    Well, I did steal some ham and make a sandwich but that's hardly a crime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I had a cup of tea.

    You need more teabags BTW.

    ReplyDelete